First and foremost for everyone visiting this blog is I am a prince of the Kingdom of God, and therefore my posts will strive to be a reflection of Him while at the same time being unique to me. Such is the balance we must walk in everyday life, the line between being an individual and being part of the great body of believers. I live in such a place where these are the thoughts of everyone, and I am lucky to be in such a place.
I LOVE making slide shows on my computer. Each slide show that I make (normally made along side my partner in crime, Gabe Cazenavette) have personality inserted in them. Each one has its own music that portrays exactly the scene unfolding, the music that best fits a person(s) in the picture, and the music is always made to be acceptable to show in public.
In August last year (which was not that long ago) our Boy Scout troop went on a 2 week trip to the inland passage of Alaska. We had the time of our lives and we made what I hope to be lasting relationships with the people who so generously accommodated us. Did I not mention I am a Scout? Well, yes as a matter of fact I am. I am the Senior Patrol Leader of Troop 912 which is the highest troop rank a Scout can get. I am also closing in on my Eagle Scout award which is the most coveted rank in all of Scouting. Our troop is so small that we only have enough members to make up one patrol so our troop is the Ranger patrol. Our troop although small prides itself on a winning tradition which is to say every summer-camp, every Klondike Derby, or any other competition between multiple troops we have gotten first place. We pride ourselves on our ability to work together to get the job done. I say all this because Scouting has proved to be a good training ground for real life situations. The skills we put on in Scouting give us closer relationships to the ones we work beside and/or could one day save lives. I am proud to be a Boy Scout of America, but more than that, I am proud to be a Ranger. RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!!!!!! HUAH!!!!!!!!!!
I know what you are thinking right now: "Wow this is a lot of reading." But rest assured I am getting to the real purpose here. This blog highlights my day or week as well as being seasoned with not just humor or my own personality but with intellect.
"But Brian, why did you name your blog the yellow-brick road?" you might ask. Simply the yellow-brick road is something from the story "
I hoped you all liked my first post, please leave your comments, stand-by for more posts (they will be more interesting, I promise!), and may God bless you and your family.
The Game is Afoot! Let the Adventures Begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment